Drugs from Almirall help millions overcome medical problems from allergies to migraines. The company was facing a headache of its own, however, with different comms systems across its worldwide subsidiaries. These disparate technologies made communication hard and slowed decision-making. That hampered the firm’s ability to enter new territories and bring novel products to market.
With a fully-managed Cisco collaboration suite hosted by BT, Almirall anticipates improvements in productivity and staff satisfaction. And, with worldwide research and development teams working together more effectively, the Almirall pipeline of new patents will grow faster.
- Almirall needed a worldwide collaboration solution to help deliver global expansion plans
- Hosted at BT data centres, the solution gives Almirall centralised control and local execution
- Cisco collaboration suite includes Jabber, Telepresence, and WebEx
- Almirall people can now connect from anywhere, at any time
- Collaborative technologies can be deployed and maintained by BT wherever in the world Almirall needs to work.
As with Almirall, in a world that continues to globalise, keeping everyone working together and in step in all four corners of the globe is both a problem and an opportunity. We have sure-fire ways to take advantage of the collaborative chance presented.
Collaboration’s all very well but not if you’ve got to keep hundreds of devices up-to-date in locations across all continents. That’s the stuff of nightmares for the IT fraternity. It doesn’t have to be like that. Hosted solutions mean everything’s running at the latest software version and all that’s required for the end user is a network connection or even the internet.
Almirall Video follows me everywhere I go. with my iPad, with my iPhone, I can connect wherever I am. It's immediate, just a snap of your fingers. I have all my colleagues connected with TelePresence and I can instantly message them, call them and, if we need it, just WebEx.
Nuria Sana, Aqua Integration Project Manager, Almirall